To inspire you to diversify and broaden the breadth of your reading in 2017, we bring you the 2017 Virginia Festival of the Book Reading Challenge! This reading challenge is meant to provide prompts to challenge you to read widely and perhaps even outside of your usual comfort zone leading up to the Festival.
Share your progress and experiences with the challenge with us and other participants on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ReadTheFestival! We’d love to hear about what you’re reading.
Below each challenge, we’ve listed suggestions from the 2017 Festival to get you started. Read as much or as little as you want. The important thing is to read and to have fun doing it!
1. #MakeASplash: Read a book by a debut author
2. #DiversePerspectives: Read a book about an immigrant experience
3. #ChillLit: Read a book on the topic of mindfulness and/or mental health
4. #OdeToTheFestival: Read a book of poetry
5. #RippedFromTheHeadlines: Read a book related to current affairs
6. #TastyPageTurners: Read a cookbook and try a recipe** from it
**Bonus points if you post a photo of the delicious results!
Don’t forget to share your page-by-page progress with us through the hashtag #ReadTheFestival!