The Virginia Festival of the Book is a 5-day festival of mostly free literary events that are open to the public as we honor book culture and promote reading and literacy.
Tickets go on sale Thursday September 19 at 9:00am.
Festival Luncheon - $60
Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
David Baldacci has published twenty-six novels, all of which have been national and international bestsellers; several have been adapted for film and television. His novels have been translated into more than 45 languages and sold in more than 80 countries; over 110 million copies are in print worldwide. David has also published three novels for children. He has received numerous accolades for his writing; most recently, he was inducted into the 2011 International Crime Writing Hall of Fame and received the 2012 Barnes & Noble Writers for Writers Award.
Leadership Breakfast - $40 (individuals)
Wednesday, March 19, 7:30-9:00 am
Daniel H. Pink is the author of five provocative books– including the long-running New York Times bestsellers, A Whole New Mind and Drive. His latest book, To Sell is Human, is a #1 New York Times business bestseller, a #1 Wall Street Journal business bestseller, and a #1 Washington Post nonfiction bestseller. Dan’s books have been translated into 34 languages. He lives in Washington, DC, with his wife and their three children.
An Afternoon with Lois Lowry and Kathryn Erskine - $10 (adults) $3 (children K-12)
Sunday, March 23, 2:00 pm
Sunday, March 23, 2 pm, Culbreth Theater
Purchase tickets at University of Virginia Arts Box Office.
Crime Wave Brunch - $50
Saturday March 22, 10:00 am – 12:10 pm
Lisa Scottoline is the New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 20 novels, including her latest, Accused. She also writes a weekly column with her daughter Francesca Serritella for the Philadelphia Inquirer titled "Chick Wit" which is a witty and fun take on life from a woman's perspective.
Annual Book And Vendor Fair - $110-$395
Saturday, March 22, 10:00am-4:00pm
The Fair is full, but we are taking names on our waitlist.
Get Festival Updates
- 2014 Headline Events Announced
- 2013 Festival Wrap Up and Statistics
- 2013 Letters About Literature Winners Announced
Festival In The News
- Tickets for Festival of the Book on Sale 9/19 - NewsPlex
- Virginia Festival of the Book lineup announced - Daily Progress
- Virginia Festival of the Book - The Daily Progress
- Competition sponsored by Library of Congress
- Festival Participant named one of Charlottesville's 4 Under 40
- Book festival offers lessons beyond the basics - dailypress.com
- Dave Zirin: What's to Love About Baseball? | The Nation
- A special evening with John Carlos and John Lewis - The Daily Progress
- More News »