The Virginia Festival of the Book is a 5-day festival of mostly free literary events that are open to the public as we honor book culture and promote reading and literacy.
The last two days of the Festival were chock full of events including a touching recognition of retiring Festival of the Book Director Nancy Damon.
Where else would you have to choose between cocktails with Hemingway and a panel on motorcycles and classic cars? That's just an ordinary Friday night at the Festival of the Book.
David Baldacci greets a fan following the Festival Luncheon. Other highlights of the day include a gardening and cooking demo by Ira Wallace, How we Do Harm with Dr. Otis W. Brawley, and An Evening With Alice Hoffman.
The first day of the Festival kicked off with the Leadership Breakfast with Daniel Pink and wrapped up with Cities of Poetry with Patricia Smith and Gregory Orr. In between we awarded the Letters About Literature prizes, discussed the environment and so much more!
Get Festival Updates
Thanks to our friends at CSPAN BookTV you can watch videos of a few Festival authors you might have missed. Watch Videos »
Festival In The News
- Virginia Festival of the Book Accepting Applications for 2015 - VFH News
- VFH Welcomes New Director for the Festival of the Book - VFH News
- Letters About Literature Winners Announced - VFH Center for the Book
- Book festival blossomed with Damon - The Daily Progress
- Virginia Festival of the Book: Interviewing David Baldacci - Cavalier Daily
- VA Festival of the Book: 'Revealing' Dantes 'Inferno' - Cavalier Daily
- Lois Lowry talks about her writing process on last day of book festival - The Daily Progress
- Daniel Mendelsohns own “Odyssey” - CavalierDaily
- More News »