Read the information and instructions before submitting an application.
- Deadline: The submission deadline of October 1 is firm.
- Online Applications: Only online applications will be accepted. We do not accept hard copies.
- Agents and Representatives: Agents and author representatives are encouraged to submit if they have the author’s consent. Please let the author know that you have submitted the application
- Publishing Date Priorities: Priority is given to books released after October 2012 through March 20, 2013. Do not apply if the book’s publication is after March 2013.
- Book Sales: The Festival utilizes all bookstores and booksellers in the area and they will arrange ordering books. (Occasionally, authors of self-published books will need to bring copies, but we will notify you if that is necessary.) Book sellers retain all sales profits; the Festival does not receive any of those funds.
- Festival Structure: Most Festival programs are panels with 3 to 4 presenters. Festival organizers select your fellow panelists and assign the venue.
- Publicity and Promotion: Participants and their books are promoted widely through the Festival website and printed materials, in regional and national media; and in blogs; podcasts; social media, and networking sites.
- Previous Years’ Applications: Previous Presenters must reapply each year.
- School and Youth Programs: If you have marked that you are willing to make school/youth organization visits, list your requirements in the “Comments” section of the application.
* Required Fields